Prevent News and Updates

East Midlands Prevent – Combating extremism/safeguarding vulnerability @eastmidsprevent

Counter Terrorism Policing – Working to protect the UK from Terrorism  @terrorismpolice

Fun quiz – PREVENT – Gameshow quiz (

Update on UK citizenship

Good Morning Britain

March 6th 2023 – Asylum seekers who cross the English Channel on small boats will be removed from Britain to so-called safe third countries and banned from returning or claiming citizenship under tough new laws which are expected to be unveiled in the next 48 Hours.

Watch the full report (Twitter) – @GMB @louisajamesitv

Ygam – An award-winning charity. Evidence – based education to help prevent gaming and gambling harms @YGAMuk

Photo ID needed when you vote going forwards from the 4th May 2023

(Taken from How to vote : Photo ID you’ll need – GOV.UK (

Photo ID you’ll need

From 4 May 2023 you’ll need to show photo ID when voting in person in some UK elections or referendums.

You’ll need it to vote in:

  • UK Parliament by-elections
  • local elections in England (including councils, mayors, the Greater London Authority and parishes)
  • recall of MP petitions in England, Scotland and Wales
  • Police and Crime Commissioner elections in England and Wales
  • neighbourhood planning referendums and Business Improvement District referendums in England
  • local authority referendums in England (including Council Tax increase referendums)

There are different rules if you vote in Northern Ireland.

Check if you have accepted photo ID

You’ll need one of the following types of photo ID to vote:

  • a UK or Northern Ireland photocard driving licence (full or provisional)
  • a driving licence issued by the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, the Isle of Man or any of the Channel Islands
  • a UK passport
  • a passport issued by the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or a Commonwealth country
  • a PASS card (National Proof of Age Standards Scheme)
  • a Blue Badge
  • a biometric residence permit (BRP)
  • a Defence Identity Card (MOD form 90)
  • a national identity card issued by the EU, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein
  • a Northern Ireland Electoral Identity Card
  • a Voter Authority Certificate
  • an Anonymous Elector’s Document

You can also use one of the following travel passes as photo ID when you vote:

The photo on your ID must look like you. You can still use your ID even if it has expired.

here is text