Facilities Management encompasses multi-disciplinary activities within the built environment and the management of their impact upon people and the workplace. Effective Facilities Management, combining resources and activities, is vital to the success of any organisation. At a corporate level, it contributes to the delivery of strategic and operational objectives. On a day-to-day level, effective Facilities Management provides a safe and efficient working environment, which is essential to the performance of any business. Within this fast growing professional discipline, facilities managers have extensive responsibilities for providing, maintaining and developing myriad services. These range from property strategy, space management and communications infrastructure to building maintenance, administration and contract management.
Delivery of the Training: –
Knowledge-based off the job training will take place once a month along with portfolio building days each month. The Apprentices allocated Training Advisor will issue monthly action plans and complete workplace visits in addition to the off the job training and portfolio building days.
- 11 Bespoke Training Sessions – Embedding knowledge to prepare Apprentices for the Written Test and Competency Based Interview.
- Maths and English Level 2
- Completion of Employer Rights and Responsibilities
The Role: –
This Apprenticeship prepares an individual for managing a facilities management service, or a group of services, which can be labelled as ‘hard’ (estate/building management) or soft (catering/ cleaning/ administration/ security). All apprentices will be required to supervise others; to understand the contractual requirements and service delivery targets between their employing organisation and the client/customer in order to achieve service targets. The apprentice will have to provide customer service skills and be proactive in finding solutions to problems.
Facilities Management Standard Modules:-
|Resolve Customer Service queries and issues
|Management of Health and Safety
|Solve day-to-day problems to ensure the FM service
|Manage the day-to-day performance
|Develop and implement Risk Assessment
|Ensure that resources are used efficiently
|Organise and Delegate day-to-day Activities
|Take Responsibility for own Development
|Monitor the costs of the FM Service
|Procure supplies for the FM Service
The entry requirements for this Apprenticeship will be decided by each employer, but may typically be five GCSEs at Grade C or higher and an Intermediate Level Apprenticeship.
The duration of this Apprenticeship is typically 18 months
- Written Test – A knowledge test that will be sat under invigilated condition and marked by the end point assessment organisation. Online and Paper based available on request – Maximum duration 90 minutes.
- Competency Based Interview – A competency based interview to assess the knowledge, skills and behaviours across the standard. The Competency based interview will be assessed by the end- point assessment organisations. This will be assessed by a panel of at least one Independent Assessor who will chair the interview. The panel may also comprise of a representative of the employer and/or training provider. The independent assessor will have the casting vote. Duration 45-60 minutes
There are two grades available within this Apprenticeship: Pass, and Distinction.
- All assessments must be passed to achieve an overall Pass graded apprenticeship. An Apprentice must get between 70% and 89% in both assessments to get a pass.
- To achieve a Distinction graded apprenticeship, a candidate must achieve a Distinction for all end-point assessment components. An Apprentice must achieve 90% or over in both assessment components.
- If an Apprentice fails an assessment they cannot be awarded a Distinction in subsequent retakes.
20% off the job training is a mandatory requirement when completing any Apprenticeship Standard.
A timetable of sessions is available by contacting our Recruitment Team on 0115 9835837 or Info@Prostartuk.co.uk
Interested in applying?
Want to find out more?
Book onto one of our information sessions with a member of the recruitment team and start your bespoke course today